London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
21 to 28 of 28 messages
19/04/2013 at 13:27

Hadn't really thought about it. 

I do ike Verdun's idea of bringing one in just in case though

Really it all depends on the summer and how strong they become.

19/04/2013 at 14:22

Matty2 mine looks dead as a dodo too. I'm in Blaydon. The other foxgloves around it look fine and are coming through, but no sign of the illumination. Might just still be hiding, but other stuff has started coming up, although no sign of hostas yet here. Daffs only started flowering this week too.

16/06/2013 at 18:22

Yep. Mine are dead too. Bought them last year in June as full grown plants in flower. Fab when planted out, but died after they'd finished flowering in October. No sign of growth this year, just a bunch of dead stems. Aklthough winter was a bit nippy here in the SE, most other stuff survived ok. So much for being hardy perennials then.

16/06/2013 at 20:07

Mine are in full flower looking fabulous.  If they prove not to be perennial I will complain.  Bought mine from QVC in September and were quite a bargain compared to other prices I saw at the time ...and now.

16/06/2013 at 21:23

Bought mine from T&M. Arrived nine months after being ordered. They look OK and appear to be growing - but are nowhere near flowering. I do hope they will be OK. (Live in Dorset).

16/06/2013 at 21:48

Mine have flowers buds about to burst and the one I gave away is in flower - owner has green fingers - I do not, I just slog at it to get results.

16/06/2013 at 21:51

I planted a large Illumination Pink foxglove in 2012, it's did fine over the summer but didn't survive the winter.  Apparently there has been a Gardening Which report on them (I've not seen it, but was told about it) and apparently they need winter protection.  I live on the right on the NW coast of England and we don't get particularly harsh winters.

16/06/2013 at 21:54

Had seen another thread and had decided to give them winter protection. Therefore are planted in pots

email image
21 to 28 of 28 messages