Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Foxglove illumination pink

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
My foxglove illumination pink plants are growing apace over this winter. I have high hopes they will be large by the time I plant them out in the garden in the spring. I have potted on twice....second time today....and they seem eager to grow vigorously. Have others found these plants to be so vigorous?

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

I think it's to late now, but encourage new growth of it by cutting flowering stems down to the ground. Flowers usually appear late springthrough the summer.Best luck, ThaiGer

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

...you a lucky man...many pot-plants we have to plant out, after every season change (Oct.and June) we give them wormtea in the first 3 years, it's realy a good alternative to "normal" invigoration of flower plants...greetings, ThaiGer.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    Perennial fogloves would be good. I have some of the apricot ones as seedlings, but i think they are only the biennial type , I love the new colours now.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• I like growing fox-gloves and might try a perennial type this year,I love to see them in a group in a border.

• Verdun wrote (see)
    There was a thread earlier about these perennial foxgloves but I think these are a different type, viz., bushier, summer-long flowering and truly perennial. And the colour is good too. Mine were bought in the autumn but are growing like mad...potted twice already.......so I think they will make good show in the summer

Yes, you are correct.  They are a new cross.  I have just the other day ordered some from the Gardeners' World Magazine.  There was a special offer, which finishes at the end of this month (Jan).  Wish I had ordered them a bit earlier though.  I suppose the only thing to be careful of, is not to pull them out when they finish, if they are anywhere near ordinary foxgloves.  Maybe need to put a label on them.  June

• Im still waiting for mine to be delivered, should have been with me last sept/october. So hopefully wont be too mlong befre they are with me

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Still waiting for mine from the autumn order as well. Hope they are as good as they say.

I was going to pot one up as Christmas pressie for a friend, hopefully she can have it for Easter image