London (change)
8 messages
20/12/2013 at 13:43

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/35228.jpg?width=271&height=350&mode=max

 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/35229.jpg?width=271&height=350&mode=max

 Anyone know this plant? found in a church grounds today 20.12.13

20/12/2013 at 13:49

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/plantselector/plant?plantid=158

They're not poisonous but are said not to be worth eating. I've never tried so can't confirm

20/12/2013 at 13:50

Arbutus aka Strawberry Tree.

21/12/2013 at 11:37

They're native to Ireland but didn't make it to the UK, not quite sure how they got to Ireland and not here though. The above ID's are right. 

22/12/2013 at 16:26

if your not sure ,don't eat it !

05/04/2016 at 15:24

Ive been told you can make jam out of the berries but have not tried yet

05/04/2016 at 15:53

Tasteless! I tried.

05/04/2016 at 20:10

I have tried them, best word for them is insipid but not poisonous.

email image
8 messages