Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Garden photos April

BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Hi all, I can't seem to find the garden photos thread so though I'd start a new one based on the month to help people pick plants when planning.image

I'll kick off with my raised front garden which I revamped (read: de-weeded!) in late winter and planted lots of spring bulbs.  All the hard work is paying off:

Let's see your April garden photo's folks! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

• PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 556

Lovely bed of bulbs there, Bob. 

My bloomers are scattered about. I have two huge pots of Lithodora 'GraceWard' mixed in with some Golden Creeping Jenny.  image My newly-planted 'East Friesland' Salvia are just this week beginning to set spikes of purple blooms:  image

Here's my potted Lavenderimage

My blue Lobelia is bluer than this photo shows it to be:  image

My coral bronze-leaf begonia froze off completely this winter but a few of them are coming back off their roots and starting to bloom just now:  image

and Mr. Squirrel popped down to watch me take these pics and say good morning after our terrible thunderstorm this morning.  He stared me down a few moments and scurried off to the tree by the bench for safety from the "evil monster".  And my rat terrier, Button, was sound asleep inside and missed all that excitement.  :)  image

Last edited: 02 April 2017 20:03:14

My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/