London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
3 messages
29/09/2013 at 16:38

Hi, I'm new here on the forums and need some advice regarding my Gardenia Jasminoides.  She is now 17 years old and a couple of years ago she 'died' after a few years of slowly fading away.  I popped her outside for the summer and then noticed a tiny green shoot on one of her two remaining branches. Quickly repotted her and cut off the one dead branch.  She flourished and now has beautiful healthy dark leaves virtually covering all of her one branch, plus a couple of new shoots coming up from the base of this branch.  I have just noticed that she had three flower buds appearing as well!  Info on this plant says to feed monthly but doesn't say with what.  Should I continue with an ericaceous feed or is there something better/else that I should use? Thanks.

29/09/2013 at 16:50

Continue with the ericaceous feed. Well done for keping a pot plant for 17 years. I gave my friend one of these for her birthday. She killed it within 3 months.

29/09/2013 at 21:28

Thank you - hoping to keep her going for a long while yet, she has special memories for me!

email image
3 messages