Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 211 replies

kylerduvall

Starting a new thread to show gardening (and tips) in South Carolina.

kylerduvall

Roses, and a black bat flower

kylerduvall

Christmas flowers! Not in Christmas tho...

Dovefromabove

Fascinating    ....... what is a Black Bat Flower?

This is a UK based site and most of us live in Gt Britain .... I've not heard of a Black Bat Flower. 

Handsome cat you have there 

Tesni

Lovely flowers! It must very hot there this time of year. Does it get too hot to garden?

Advertisement

B3

It would be great to see your garden .welcome kyler. We have one or two other regulars from US.

kylerduvall

The pictures are of our front and back yard, one of some flowers I arranged at my job lol. But I'm very happy to have Bella of Ireland growing here and it being my first time.  I owe a lot of my thanks and learning to gardeners world (and YouTube for it being on there) cause I've watched as much of it as I could my parents and all the people I've learned from and taught me.

kylerduvall

Most of my gardening started out with the two extreme types of gardening. I started growing bonsais and growing marijuana when I first started, bonsais having to keep them small and the marijuana which I was trying to grow as large as possible. I don't grow weed much anymore at least not this year lol but I enjoy almost every plant and gardening is a passion of mine and I know many others and I just want to show what you can grow here, brits get a good rep for gardening but I hope I can send some different messages with my plants but I'm not looking to be as good as Monty Don or Carol Klein but I hope to make even them happy or proud ^-^!!!

kylerduvall

The black bat plant is a tropical plant and it does get hott here it's almost a Mediterranean climate, we have pomegranate fruits already the size of my palm and I got almost 60-70 limes off my tree last year.

kylerduvall

Also we have 5 dogs 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. our back yard may look a bit disastrous but it because of all the animals lol but we still try to make it work

Amazing garden, very natural but with structure.

i love lilies - do you suffer with Lily Beetle in SC or maybe it's too hot ?

B3

I love your garden. Hope to see more 

Advertisement

kylerduvall

Not too much of the lily beetle at all but we have big black and yellow grasshoppers that tear through things.  It usually goes from hot and dry here to hot and wet.  It feels like gardening in Jamaica some days lol.  Our night blooming cereus has already flowered, now im really just waiting on the plumeria to flower ^-^

kylerduvall

these pictures are of a double purple angel trumpet I've been growing from seed regularly through the past few years.  I started them from the seeds my mom gave to me when she grew hers a few more years back. Despite what many say about white flowers having the most scent we have quite a few purple flowers that have a really strong smell.  I'll have the seed pods in picture later in the year.

kylerduvall

These flower are a passion vine grown from seed also a few years ago and come back each year like a perennial, also the double-purple angel trumpets also grow as perennials if done right, I just collect the seeds to make more ^-^

kylerduvall

This plant I've always called a coral sea begonia. Not sure if that's the right name and only a handful of our plants I know the Latin names for. The flowers open up a little bit more and I'll have some pictures of those later as well hopefully lol.  This particular plant is about 5 or 6 years old since I've had it( I got it from my sister so it's a bit older) and it was initially a housplant and the leaves and flowers were lighter, more transparent and pink, but as it was moved outside the color got darker and is now a deep red. The shoots come up like bamboo almost and can get lanky, but it can become more like a bush it trimmed right ^-^