Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I am new to this member. I was hoping to know more about native plants and gardening.

Dovefromabove

Hello and welcome Richard 

Either you're awake in the middle of the night or you live in a different time zone to most of us. This is a UK based forum ... Is it British native plants you want to know about or plants native to somewhere else?

Hi Everyone

Not sure if I’m on the correct thread but I would be grateful to receive some advice from all you clever gardening types out there please!

We moved house last year and I’m just getting to grips with the garden (too busy with indoor stuff for a while) The front garden is exposed with fields on two sides. It is mainly lawn with several trees and one dead magnolia Stellata as a specimen plant on its own! I would really love to replace it with the same as I really like this plant but think it might be too exposed. Does anyone have any ideas as to what plant would be suitable-something low growing but ok for exposed site? It is south west facing with lots of afternoon sun. Would appreciate your help please.

Obelixx

Patrevill - best to start your own new thread than hijack someone else's on a different subject

oooft
Patrevlil says:

Hi Everyone

Not sure if I’m on the correct thread but I would be grateful to receive some advice from all you clever gardening types out there please!

We moved house last year and I’m just getting to grips with the garden (too busy with indoor stuff for a while) The front garden is exposed with fields on two sides. It is mainly lawn with several trees and one dead magnolia Stellata as a specimen plant on its own! I would really love to replace it with the same as I really like this plant but think it might be too exposed. Does anyone have any ideas as to what plant would be suitable-something low growing but ok for exposed site? It is south west facing with lots of afternoon sun. Would appreciate your help please.

See original post
Why not consider growing something up the dead tree, like clematis or climbing roses?