London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
141 to 160 of 213 messages
09/01/2014 at 18:23

Here info on botanical garden of Wales small video on there as well

http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/

09/01/2014 at 19:13

So glad I accidently zapped to this show on the bbc!

There aren't much shows about gardening on belgian tv at the moment and I still have to wait so long untill gardeners world is back, so Im very happy I just discovered t.g.b.g.r. ! Cheers for the bbc channels!

09/01/2014 at 19:45
What annoys me is why 3 of the programmes have not been shown?? They were due to air before xmas but no show?? Especially was looking forward to the Allotment episode, why do the BBC always advertise these programmes then only show half of them?? I wouldn't mind but they took tthem off for some real , REPEATED!! Drivel!
09/01/2014 at 19:48

They were postponed to next week.

09/01/2014 at 20:06

Brilliant pond bit really like so many plants to think about buying and going into the pond when I have got it in place for the wildlife, great to have a pond to swim in Clarington that is one for you and your big pond you got for your garden not that big for here great presenting from Charlie

Got tree stumps will have to add some nice ferns and aconites

09/01/2014 at 21:28

Tonights Great Garden Revival showed a great idea for growing mushrooms on a block of wood, Chris Beardshaw definitely inspired me to get some fungi growing.  Looks so easy.

09/01/2014 at 23:02
The postponements were due to Nelson Mandela dying... I hadn't realised that he had done that before!
09/01/2014 at 23:03

Enjoyed it again. Connie77, they were postponed because Nelson Mandela died. I think understandable, he was a great man. The rest of the programmes are tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday.

09/01/2014 at 23:09

Loved the stumpery and I have been threatening a visit to Highgrove when it's open for guided walks to the public for sometime now, so that definitely makes it a must!

I have some large log piles for wildlife but I must add some more wood and be a bit more creative I think!...

Best

Higgy

http://higgysgardenproject.blogspot.com/

10/01/2014 at 07:17
Someone decided to have a pint with his meal & loudly chatted through the entire episode!! Thank goodness for iplayer I really wanted the names of some of those plants Charlie had in her boggy area they looked beautiful.
10/01/2014 at 12:30

I absolutely loved last nights section on stumperies. Sublime! I didn't realise just how beautiful "boring" plants such as ferns can be. In the right environment they are stunning. (We already have a good few at home but can't say I've warmed to them, perhaps cos they're all higgeldy piggledy and look as though someone dropped them there and couldnt be bothered to pick them up! I don't know if I'd go the whole hog with full stumperies but this persuaded me to plant more ferns, in as many varieties as I can and just sit back and watch them grow. I bought a lot of flowering plants last year as the property I live in is surrounded by trees, has tree borders and is green, green and green however I've now seen how lovely green can be so why not just go with the whole "in its own environment" thing and not worry so much with "flowering beauties".

10/01/2014 at 13:35

It certainly inspired me to make a mini stumpery. 

I have a walkway that leads no where, logs that are not suitable for chopping for various reasons, and I just felt it would be great, I already have a variegated 'hedghog' Holly waiting to go somewhere which with the old oak would make a great back drop - so - in time I think I will make one.

First though new raspberry bed and clear the old pallets to make a space for it -excited

10/01/2014 at 14:30

Clarington, i have the same problem, except his tipple is red wine!!!! Love the program, just dont like the time it comes on as I have to rush home from work and get dogs fed and walked by 7. Glad to see the stumperies, I had a go myself with a few gnarled pieces of wood and a few ferns in my wooded area, its very effective.

10/01/2014 at 18:48

More Charlie D presenting please - ponds was great as was Stumperies. IMO.

As to presenters styles and 'enthusiasm' and heavy accentuating, I agree it lacks sincerity. BBC please note. But I do like CK & Charlie D's jollity. They do also genuienly know their stuff.

Chris B likewise. More please.

10/01/2014 at 18:56

I've got an old tree which needs to be removed & I love ferns (how dare somebody say they're boring!!!!).  As our garden was stripped last year and we are starting from scratch again I feel a stumpery coming on soon

10/01/2014 at 21:01

I am put off by CK's gesticulations.  I have seen her presenting to the camera at Chelsea, and believe me it is not genuine, although I do believe she is totally committed to her plants.  She has inspired me with her propagating techniques, which I have followed with successful results.

I liked Toby's contribution on herbs and believe he comes over as a naturally nice person.

10/01/2014 at 21:16

I love this program it has gave mid lodes of info I is grate loved all of it 

10/01/2014 at 21:24

I love this it has gave me loads info totally amazing  

10/01/2014 at 21:39

hello Cody i live nr Kendal as well i hope you have a lot of fun in your allotment and grow some great things

11/01/2014 at 10:26

It's not fair I WANT TO DO IT ALL from water garden to wilds seed garden to growing veg and every think in between.

not fair not fair

I'm loving this program,  I bought some wild flower seeds that I'm going to sow along my grass verge in the spring also their is around about near me that is just a hedge and weeded soil (very low maintenance) that I'm sure would love some wild flowers throwing on it But I will have to wait until they weed it.

clueless

141 to 160 of 213 messages