Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Hardy geraniums

BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

I am very tempted by the T&M hardy geranium offer ......yes, I know - but I have had some excellent plants from them this year. But the space where they will be planted isn't ready yet. Do you think they would be OK if over-wintered in pots?

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

Thanks for your comments. I really do want something that will definitely flower next year - and having looked online as you suggested, I have decided to wait until the Spring and buy some potted geraniums.

In fairness - the T&M offer is for named varieties and yes, they are bare-rooted (and a fiver for six plants? Can't be bad?).

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Berkley - there are plenty of people here who will be able to give you a few geranium pieces too.

There are so many varieties that it's definitely worth doing a bit of research and getting ones that you really like. They're easy plants to propagate from by division and will grow quickly to fill gaps. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • BerkleyBerkley Posts: 431

Thank you, everyone. Verdun: I have killed three birds with one stone! ( not really, of course)....... I looked up all the varieties you mentioned, spent a happy hour online locating retailers - and have got an answer for anyone who says "What would you like for Christmas?"! Brilliant! Many thanks. I feel an addiction coming on...

• NewbNewb Posts: 211

He is an enabler. I looked at elke again and again and i had to buy image