Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

Helen Williamson

Hello everyone.  I have a flower I'm trying to identify - I took a photo of it last Summer and would love to find out what it is and purchase for my garden this year.  I can't upload it as an attachment to this message, but have managed to upload it as my profile photo - it's the pink & yellow flower to the left!  Thank you.

kate1123

Possibly a Zinnia, where did you take the photo?

Helen Williamson

Hi Kate, it was taken at a wedding in Kent, last June.  The venue had beautiful grounds and I saw this flower in the garden as I was leaving. I've just looked up 'Zinnia' and they look too large (but very beautiful).  These were quite small flowers.  But thank you for replying!

Hi Helen, The plant looks like Lantana.  I have seen it in places like Cyprus.  Probably not suitable for our climate.

Madam Worzel Gummidge

Bookertoo

I too think it is lantana, you can grow it here if you have a southwards warm garden, otherwise it is often grown as a conservatory or patio plant, put out when warm and kept under cover when not.  They are lovely, but here alot of trouble to keep going well. 

Advertisement

Helen Williamson

Thank you Madam Worzel Gummidge & Bookertoo!! 

Fantastic, thanks for the plant name.  I put it in a well known search engine (!) and the images were exactly like it.  Thank you very much for the planting tips - I'm a novice at gardening, but if I can find them in my Garden Centre, think I will give them a go (my small garden is southwest facing and the patio is a little suntrap, so fingers crossed). 

Thanks again!

Paul N

Much loved by flutterbyes too

figrat
They are very thirsty too! I've seen it growing wild in the Azores, it is very pretty.