London (change)
Tue 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
11/09/2013 at 22:53

As an aside, I wonder if anyone has ever looked at a forum thread and posted, oi, that's my old garden you are talking about!!!

11/09/2013 at 22:56

Mowmymoss

I wouldn't admit it unless everyone was admiring it

11/09/2013 at 23:10

ah,the previous owner wasnt a gardener. And my taste in plants is hardly an insult, I think. Its just my personal taste. But yes  I suppose, its not flattering.

I will use that link when I remove shrubs. And yes, that lilly was all flowers this year. You can see the flower stalk in the picture. I think there was 4 or 5 flowers.

Am I mad?

11/09/2013 at 23:16

It's your garden now. You can do what you like. 

and if you don't like it afterwards, you can always rip it out and have another go.

Enjoy yourself.

11/09/2013 at 23:20

I agree, The previous owner has a lovely new home too.

Lots of colour and hopefully some happy butterflies and birds. 

That will keep me happy. Lots to consider now, everyone has been great here. Thank you.

12/09/2013 at 16:03

Choisya is a nice plant, and has small white flowers 2-3 times during the year and smells like oranges, good for flower arranging too. Freegle is a good idea for the plants you don't want.

19/07/2014 at 11:58

I too moved into someone else's garden............. It's been exciting seeing what's come up over the last 6 months or so....

Most of the Spainish bluebells have been removed I hope, and whilst I have been inundated with lily of the valley and several different colours of grannies bonnets, I have removed lots and planted others............. they'd self seeded rampantly. My borders are a cottagey mix of butterfly/bee plants, with what other people call 'weeds' growing amongst them.............. I've removed some giant very brash crocosmia who visited from next door and my wysteria is growing beautifully along a natural willow trellis which I've used to complement the fencing down that side of the path. I brought two calla lilies with me from the old house when I moved - I love them and was so surprised to see how well they settled and bloomed.......... old friends........ I love them........... makes the house feel right... 

I hope yours is coming along to your liking too Jesse 2501

email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages