Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help identifying please?

Found this unknown plant/weed in my garden today, anyone any ideas please.

Many Thanks

Willie

• Willie5094Willie5094 Posts: 4

Will try photo again.......

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg307/willie5094/IMG_0158_zps4d0e912a.jpg

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Difficult to say - leaves look like Azalea/Rhoddie.

Neither any of them, it seems to be growing wild. The fruit on it is very unusual and is only about 1cm in size.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Perhaps a bit more information then willie. Is that the fruit in the photo? When does it flower, what do the flowers look like. How big is the plant? Is it a shrub, perennial, annual? 

Where is it growing, dry soil, damp?shade?.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Have you say over about 2 years ago added another woodland shrub in that area?

The shrub in the right hand bottom corner looks like an azalia .The shrub / plant with the flower/ fruit  could have been with the compost if you have recently  put in the azalia  Leaves remind me of a skimmia - Im curiose now please send additional info please ?

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Just a thought , If the red is the fruit  and it turns black , gets soft and squashy it could be a bilbury - BUT if you take some to a nursery which sells fruit trees and the like , then they may be  able to help

• hollytreehollytree Posts: 36

I think it's a gaultheria

• hollytreehollytree Posts: 36

I think that spelling's wrong!

• I think it's a skimmia