Start a new thread
Daisyheadcase

Can anyone tell me what this is? 

Is is friend or foe?  I didn't buy it, but might have been given it.  I also found some growing out of my path today a lot further up the garden.  It might be good in for a container display for a bit of height at the back.  But if it's a self-seeding, thuggish invader then I'll just get rid.  Grateful for any ideas.

Daisyheadcase

Realised last pic was a bit small so here's a larger version, sorry it's on it's side.

Sorry, can't tell from pic. Need close-up. You may just have to wait and see what it does come Aug/Sep - traditionally when grassy things show their hand and flower.

artjak

DaisyHC, I can't enlarge it.

Advertisement

Peetey

I can't enlarge the photo (all i get is HTML code for some reason) but it looks like a 'marsh grass'

I get it popping up here and there, it doesn't appear to 'do' anything other than remain as it is, and when it forms a big clump it's difficult to shift, so I get rid of it when I see it coming up

good luck!

Daisyheadcase

Hmm that could be it.  The stems are cylindrical.  I'll chuck it then.  Back to planting proper plants!  Thanks very much Peetey

Peetey

You're welcome

I left a clump many yrs ago as i thought it may turn out to be nice - it didn't, and took ages to clear it.

You've made the right choice!