Start a new thread
4thPanda

Hi oh knowledgable ones 

Can you help with an id of this plant please:

I have mislaid the label and, unlike some of my friends, I don't keep a list of those I have planted 

Many thanks

Supernoodle

St. John's wort. Hypericum.

Did I get one?!!! did I?

4thPanda

You did!  I recognise the name 

Well done Snoodle  

star gaze lily

Hi panda, its Hypericum perforatum......St Johns Wort.  I've got it, it gets coverd in large buttercup like flowers.

Supernoodle

Whooping round the room! Whooping round the room!

Advertisement

4thPanda

Thanks Lily  Snoodle beat you to it and is suitably excited! I get that excited too and OH looks at me like I am mental 

chicky

Snoodle - you're a star

Panda - keep an eye on it - its pretty, but a tad rampant

4thPanda

It has the room to be rampant Chicky  

Supernoodle

Only because I left the "perforatum" off. Quicker to type.  But I knew that. yes, I did.  No really, I did. 

Supernoodle

The whooping would be more suitably contained if hubbie hadn't gone for an early night....

star gaze lily

I have it as a hedge dividing the 'garden' and the vegatable garden. It looks lovely covered in flowers. I cut it back after the frosts early spring.

Supernoodle

That's a nice idea SG Lily.  Given me an idea. Ta.

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Snoodle, I think you were right to leave off the perforatum

That's one of the shrubby ones in the pic H patulum maybe. Perforatum is of a lighter stature, a herbaceous perennial

star gaze lily

Nutcutlet, you're right......mine could be hidcote not petforatum  ...oops silly me, its absolutley covered in buds at the mo.

Haven't got my label anymore either

nutcutlet

Hidcote, yes, that's a patulum I think. I've manage to kill 2 of those over the years and I thought they were supposed to be easy going