London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
3 messages
29/07/2013 at 17:18

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/28383.jpg?width=652&height=350&mode=max

Hi all, I am growing Katsura Trees, as you can see in the picture the seedlings are just coming through but I am confused as to why there are leafy seedlings and grass-like seedlings, which are the correct Katsura seedlings please? I am guessing its the grassy ones as these are coming through more but i am slightly confused, can anyone advise please? 

29/07/2013 at 17:28

I'm guessing its not a grass, but the other one I don't know. I think you will have to grow it on a bit more until you can tell. The compost available at the moment is full of recycled rubbish. I get allsorts germinating which I didn't sow. I've been nurturing a tray of what were supposed to be astrantia, and they now look more like docks.

29/07/2013 at 17:35

The broad leaved seedling could be the Katsura. I don't know them well enough to say for sure. The grasses are grasses, a grass will never turn into a tree. Pull them out, they'll grow quickest and steal any available food and water.

email image
3 messages