Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

help with yellow jasmine

Hi I bought a yellow flowing jasmine at GW  live in June 2 years ago..It was in flower when I bought it. It is now about 6fT tall but has not flowered since. It seems to be an evergreen variety but not as deep green as my star jasmine, more of a light green and a softer texture to the leaf. I have lost the name tag. Does anybody know when and how I prune it and why it has not flowered since even though it appears very healthy and has grown loads. 

• DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

I find winter flowering jasmine needs to be pruned from the base, otherwise you cut off all the next flowers. A frost will tempoarily kill off the blooms but more will come. They take readily from shoots which appear around the base and I have given away successful plants lfrom these.it is a wonderful plant once established but does better it can get a little winter sun. Good luck with yours image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I'm with Verdun, It seems to be perfectly happy and will developing a good root system. Give it a bit of a feed later in Spring and a good mulch and keep it well watered during the summer.

Devon.
  • Thanks all. I wasn't sure if it was the winter jasmine as it was in flower in June when I bought it.  I'll leave it alone for now and see what happens, just bought new obelisk for it. Looks lovely in the sun today