Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Helpnwith ID of plant

Hi, cant find the ID for this plant, can you help. Thanks

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/COLLECTORS-INFO/DSCF4973_zpsrartqmml.jpg

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I agree with Edd image  but it's now known as   Silene coronaria image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

I have this and love it to bits.  As tough as old boots, seeds everywhere so you can transplant to wherever you need a bit of colour and you can dig it up easily to get rid when you're fed up with it.  It does all that in my garden but may behave differently in yours image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Is it silene nowimage

I hadn't registered that. What else has changed?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Ah! thanks everyone. odly enough i might trasplant to my wild medow area as it needs some colour like this.

nutcutlet wrote (see)

Is it silene nowimage

I hadn't registered that. What else has changed?

No idea Nut - I don't usually remember these things, but we had loads of this outside the office where I used to work and every summer colleagues would ask me what it was.  It was no good telling them it was Lychnis as they'd look it up and tell me I was wrong image so I had to remember Silene image  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I used to keep up with all those changesimage

In the sticks near Peterborough

I do remember geranium/pelargonium ... that's probably a triumph image