London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
6 messages
01/07/2012 at 16:57

Hello again everyone..I found out just yesterday that apart from my 2 Ville de Lyon and Ernest Markam Clematis' not flowering our neighbours Honeysuckle hasn't either and last year it was superb..We think that maybe the Alder Tree planted in yet another Neighbours garden about 20 feet away two years ago and is now HUGE may be the problem..any ideas please.

Watermelonice.

01/07/2012 at 17:04

It shouldn't be, because honeysuckle is used to scrambling through greenery. Unless, of course, the tree is casting a lot of shade over your gardens?

The other thing is, has your neighbour pruned her honeysuckle recently?

If neither of those apply, then a couple of good feeds, well watered-in, should help - and the sun coming out.

01/07/2012 at 19:24

Honeysuckle is a woodland plant so wouldn`t be affected by one tree. Feed the plants weekly with a high potash fertiliser to ensure flowering next season.

01/07/2012 at 22:42

I used blood fish and bone this year as a feed, I dont know if thats why my honeysuckle is doing so well this year,best ever, Ive got ten on the fence all round the garden they will be flowering within the week if we get any sun

02/07/2012 at 07:36

Some honeysuckles flower a bit later too.

02/07/2012 at 10:27

We have a honeysuckle on one of our fences. This spring we decided it would have to be hard pruned as all the inside of the plant had died and was only growing new foliage from the outside. It was about 3 ft thick. We cut it right back, fed it well and watered it,(it was before the deluge!) It has repaid us by growing like mad, due no doubt to all the rain and is now just beginning to flower. So I would recommend a good feed as previously advised and it should flower for you.

email image
6 messages