London (change)
Today 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 7°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
27/07/2014 at 13:24

I've just discovered this site, lots of good info here my honeysuckle hasn't flowered for many years but it's next to a eucalyptus, which may explain a lot! I'll give it a feed and some water and see what happens!

27/07/2014 at 14:08

I had one that didn't flower in an old garden.  I can't get them to stop now.  The trick is to ensure they are on moist but well drained soil. I also feed mine every spring with blood, fish and bone.   The native ones I have in my woodland just do their own thing and still flower.  

27/07/2014 at 16:57

10/08/2014 at 07:49

I have had mine in a pot by my front door for three years.A very sunny position, there is plenty of growth but no blooms at all,I wondered if I could replant it into the ground?

10/08/2014 at 08:09

Honeysuckles in pots are unlikely to be happy, particularly if they're in a sunny position.  Honeysuckle need their roots to be in the cool damp shade and their heads in the sun.  The soil in pots will be too warm for them.

I would replant against a north-west facing fence if at all possible.  Plant the roots at least 2ft from the base of the fence so that it's not in a rainshadow, and dig in plenty of organic matter prior to planting and then keep the soil damp  It will be much happier. 

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages