London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
8 messages
14/04/2013 at 10:52
14/04/2013 at 11:20
Morning Scotkat,
Love that camelia and that pot. Stylish and classy. Perfect together.
Veeeeeeeeeery nice indeed.
14/04/2013 at 12:23

Thank you for the tour I don't feel so bereft at being stuck indoors for the day. Have you grown camellias in pots before?

14/04/2013 at 12:28

Yes I have thanks Verdun really like them .

Its a horrid day tippin on rain ,so a day to get this crochet project finished.

And nwo very strong gusty winds.

15/04/2013 at 13:52

Thank you for the pictures Scotcat, they really brightened my day. More please

15/04/2013 at 14:19

..I notice you have this lovely Camellia 'Spring Festival'... such a good choice, I absolutely love it... here it is in a pot in my garden taken a few years ago, as I found it outgrew it after 3 years or so and have planted it in the garden...  it's an upright grower, very slim in early years, like a thin conifer and takes up little space.  A profuse flowerer too with gorgeous young mahogany foliage...  as it ages it becomes more bushy and develops a triangular look but still compact enough...

There is a mature plant growing in Agatha Christie's old garden in Devon, at Greenway House along the river Dart.... that's where I first saw it...surrounded by bulbs and suchlike...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/22081.jpg?width=273&height=350&mode=max

15/04/2013 at 14:52

yes i know what you mean , buying new plants always brings a smile to my face, my friend and i go to the local garden centre every fortnight and the first stop is always the coffe shop for a cream tea, discuss what we need lol, and then some serious shopping. Its my birthday wednesday and ive ask for garden vouchers, so i will be skipping to the till next week. Lovely pot but looks expensive ????

16/04/2013 at 08:58

Haooy birthday on wed Kim have a nice day and tell us about you rshopping tripJust away to volunteer in the garden project at Glamis.

email image
8 messages