Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ID help please

A friend has sent me this photo to identify, I recognise it but can't think what it is. Could you help please?

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Himalayan honeysuckle or Pheasant Berry?

• Ah, I think I have seen that on a thread before, perhaps that was what I was remembering. Thanks, Kate. Should she be worried about it?

• Kate, just had a look at the previous threads on this, there seem to be mixed feelings about this one. Feel bad about duplicate postings now.image

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

I have 4 in my garden all presents from the birds, one is getting quite large now but I would think that the seedlings are easy to pull  out.

This site is quite difficult to find old postings so I would never worry about duplicating a thread.

• I think it is Leycesteria or Pheasant Berry, we have one in our garden which is quite attractive but seeds down profusely.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have that plant and its very pretty with long chains of flowers and turning to dark berries.I grew them from seed .very easy.I know it as flowering shrimp plant,It real name I have forgot but you can buy the seeds.cut back to keep in check.image