Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

id help

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/lynnandste/SAM_5258.jpg

Can anybody tell me what this is please I found it in a shaded part of my garden.

• It looks a bit like Vinca (Periwinkle)

• A few details of the way the plant is growing might be useful - is it crawling along the ground, or climbing up something, or is it standing up for itself.

• It stands up by itself it doesnt crawl or climb you might not be able to see from the picture but it has tiny flowers in between the leaf nodes as to the colour of them im not sure  and as they are so small Icannot tell whether they have flowered or are waiting to flower.

• A Vinca (Periwinkle) would normally be sprawling across the ground.

I wondered if it looked a bit like a nightshade. But in that case it would have been climbing up something.

Can we have some more suggestions and opinions from others please.....

• Gracie5Gracie5 Posts: 125

What I would suggest Newby2012 is to post another pic when the flowers are more visable.  It just looks like a picture of a weed to me!

• This is only 1 stem that I took of it and it it appears to shrub like to be a weed

• I keep thinking it looks a lot like Russian Vineimage or one of the other polygonums - Russian Vine can be quite sturdy and self supporting before it starts clambering all over things!

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.