Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ID. Please

LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Bought  these in the bargain tray in GC, the first grows like Richardii, doesn't seed so I will layer it, but I can't find it in the Google pics of Lobelia.

the second one I haven't a clue, it's got big buds and seed pods, as big as the flowers.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• kleipieperkleipieper Posts: 563

First one is a scaevola.

Don't know the second one though. image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

It does look like that, but mine seems to be sterile, it's not setting seeds.

Web site says sow seeds in Spring. This one will have to be cuttings I think.

thank you for ID.

Anyone know what the second is please.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• kleipieperkleipieper Posts: 563

It's a bit difficult to see, because the flowers of the second mystery plant seem to be a bit damaged, but I wonder if it might possibly be a mimulus.

No idea what variety though, because there are so many of them.image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Can't help either. sorry.

Devon.
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409
    I'm growing the second one for the first time here - just checked, and the label says its a torenia (mines a purple one, but buds and leaves look the same).
    Brilliant, thanks to both of you.

The flowers are dying, I didn't want to dead head as I am hoping it will set seeds for next year.