Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Identification required please

Good afternoon ladies and gents,

I hope you are all a lot more fortunate with the weather right now than I am - its just awful image

I bought this Campanula and Begonia today but have no idea which variety they are. I've had a look at Wisley's web site but there are thousands! Some of which clearly aren't mine and some which like as though they could be, maybe. If you can give me a definite id that would be great. Pics are below. With apologies however I have my idiot head on today and didn't put the flash on so they're somewhat dull but hopefully you'll be able to see clearly enough.

Thanks for your help, Heather 

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

The Campanula looks like C. isophylla to me.

Not up on Begonia sorry.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

No idea about the begonia, but I think the campanula is either C. poscharskyana or C. portenschlagiana both very similar, one more rampant than the other - think it's the first that's more rampant. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

No idea re begonias either but I don't think this is either of those rampant ones Dove. I haven't grown isophylla so can't comment on that

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Fantastic. Thanks all. I can have a proper look up on RHS site now and find out the rest of what I need to know (I used to know, years ago, but forgot!). And I'll keep hunting on the Begonia, it'll be out there somewhere!