Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Identification

Can anyone identify this plant/weed? I had three or four spring up in the garden during the summer, they haven't died back but temperatures here (SE) have been mild all winter. I've had some lovely bird sown plants in the past including Verbenas so I'm reluctant to throw them on the compost heap until I know what they are. This has carroty leaves and is definitely not parsley.

• Thanks Edd, I googled them and it seems most like Mugwort, apparently you can make tea with it to induce lucid dreams! I'll compost it I think.

• It does smell but only if you get your nose right up too it, I can't really describe the smell, when the hail stops I'll pop out and have a look at the underside of the leaves.

• I hope so Philippa, you just saved it from the compost, I'll wait now and see if it flowers in the summer.

• I would Edd, but there is still an outside chance it's hemlock!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,618

I thought feverfew, but I wouldn't advise eating anything until it is definitely identified.!!

• I am a migraine sufferer, so if I can establish it definitely is feverfew (when it flowers?) I actually might eat it.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Looks like Feverfew to me too. Personally I prefer even one of my three day migraine attacks to the taste of it.

• Ok, you've put me off, still the flowers are pretty.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I'd go along with feverfew from the photo

, it self seeds with us too in Devon.

Devon.