Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Identification

XX Posts: 707

• XX Posts: 707

Hi folks, not sure where my question has gone but can anytidy identify this plant for me, think its a type of solanum. image

• XX Posts: 707

Autocorrect - ahh, should read can 'anyone' identify this.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

sorry , dont reconize this 100% but it does look like a non edible solanum. I have grown shrubs before from a mixed pack of seed from  Chilterns .To identify the shrubs I have gone to a family run nursery ,checked there shrubs out for the same one . If I could not find a particular shrub I have either shown them a photo or taken in the plant if its in the size of plant pot which yours is still in .

maybe someone on here reconizes your plant ?

• Novice13Novice13 Posts: 7

Hi I planted some bulbs from a container I had in the garden and they have started growing could anyone please help me identify the plant please. I know it's not much to go on sorry image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Looks like Oxalis adenophylla to me.

In the sticks near Peterborough

Thank you so much nutcutlet, I was racking my brain as to what it could be but now you said that I remember planting it in a container with a perennial wallflower (bowles mauve) last year and the wallflower took over the pot and I never saw the oxalis again!  Now I know what it is ill look forward to seeing it again! image

Quite  a pretty little plant, I find mine diminish rather than increase but I'm probably pulling them up when I weed

haha they are very hard to see when they first come up I planted something right over the top of it because I forgot where they were and pulled a few of the first leaves off, luckily it doesn't seem to have harmed it. My Bowles mauve though has flourished since I brought it last year flowering all winter apart from in the snow we had, whethat's snow thawed it started flowering again. I'm very new to gardening but enjoying it immensely. 

Glad you're enjoying it Novice. Obsession is the next stage