Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Identifying A Plant

Hello there, I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm slowly working on a rockery using alpines and succulents, etc. I purchase them off my local market, the usually they come with a tag which tells you the name and how to care for them. Unfortunately this plant in question didn't have one and I didn't realise until I got home and haven't seen them for sale since. I'm sharing a photo with you all, I wondered if anybody knew what the plant is as I'm really eager to find out. http://imageshack.com/a/img536/2157/QfCj3q.jpg Here's the link to the image. The foliage is soft and fur like, on long stacks from between the foliage are little yellow flowers, they are rounded with no petals and live for a fair while before browning off and then I cut the stalks off. Its giving new stalks with flowers all the time it's a really happy plant, I just wish so much I knew what it was called and knew more about it. Thanks ever so much, Nenah xx

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I wish I could help Nenah but I'm sure an experienced gardener will be along soon. Its certainly a pretty plant isn't it image

• DimWitDimWit Posts: 553

It looks like Santolina, Nenah, google it...

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

Cotula barbata 'yellow marbles'

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

Meant to put  possibly 'yellow marbles' could be a different variety!

• Oh my goodness thanks so much to everyone who helped, that means so much!

After a good search a can confirm it certainly is 'Cotula Barbata' I'm so happy as I've been so dying to know for so long!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Regards,

Nenah
  • Fishy65, thank you, it is indeed very pretty and a firm favourite of mine!