Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Indoor seedlings not getting enough light

AroseArose Posts: 6

I have Morning glory, sunflowers, Dahlia's, columbine and poppies sitting on a windowsill. They are still very young, they only germinated about 3 days ago. The leaves on the MG are starting to turn a creamy colour and getting leggy. 

The temperature outside is starting to pick up, and the weather is much nicer and sunny. Could I put them outdoors during sunny days and bring them in at night? Or will they die because they are so young/fragile?

Thanks!

• lazy gardenerlazy gardener Posts: 317

Yes-good ideaimage

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

Make sure they're sheltered from wind and also any heavy rain that might be forecast.   Wind can dessicate small plants and also bend stems.  Rain can batter them.

Make sure you don't forget to bring them in at night before it gets cool. 

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • AroseArose Posts: 6

Thanks for your replies image They are behind a shed in a shaded spot. I haven't covered them or anything though.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AroseArose Posts: 6

Thanks Hollie image

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Morning Glory especially need pretty high temperatures before they go out, otherwise they sulk.