Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

C P

Hi, I bought a pack a Chinese lantern plant bare roots ............ quite cheap from a pound shop last year ........i planted them and they came through and looked like the picture below ...........which is actually a picture of them this year ......they had no flowers on them last year and I'm a bit concerned the same will happen this year but also do you think this is actually the leaf of a Chinese lantern plant?????? I went to stake them today with a cane and the leaf actually stung me

Do you think I'm cultivating a weed for two years or do you think this is a Chinese lantern plant :/

nutcutlet

Very thistle like. Very definitely not a chinese lantern plant 

nutcutlet

I wouldn't rush to chuck now you grown it this far CP. Other plants have thistle-like leaves and it looks as though you won't waitlong for a flower

C P

It looked exactly the same last year and no flower came on .......

Advertisement

KEF

Not a chinese lantern. If you had them and they'd rooted they would have had small white flowers in July and lanterns follow.. The actual lanterns are lovely but the plant does spread, even under a flagged path.

Could be an echinops if being generous, defo not a chinese lantern

nutcutlet

could be Lizness. the last pic of the bottom of the stems is very echinops

Bookertoo

Looks just like my echinops now, very lush with the wet - stunning plant - certainly not a chinese lantern. 

GillyL

Most definately not a Chinese lantern,I,ve planted one this week,nothing like this,Chinese lantern leaves are smooth .