London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
4 messages
26/07/2012 at 20:49

I planted this cyclamen last year and it produced a very measly canopy of leaves and I was recommended to dig it up when it gone dormant. It only had two seedpods attached to it so I gambled on digging it up today. The domed part was down so I think it was planted ok.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10283.jpg?width=278&height=350&mode=max

26/07/2012 at 20:58

I think they do best if they're undisturbed - is it hederafolium?  If so it'll begin waking up soon.  When we moved here last we found loads of hederafolium alba popping up all over the place in the autumn - I was thrilled as they're one of my absolute favourites - however, because of building work we've had to move them.  Some of the corms were the size of dinner plates - neighbours said they've been there for 20 - 30 years. They've been replanted on a shady bank; you've no idea how firmly my fingers are crossed in the hope that they'll be ok.

What are you going to do with yours - replant it?

26/07/2012 at 21:08

It's already back in the ground. So do you think it was the right side down?

I would be surprised if yours doesn't come through. They are probably tough as old boots and have adopted to your garden.

26/07/2012 at 22:17

I think you've got it right.  Fingers crossed for yours and mine 

email image
4 messages