London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
5 messages
10/05/2013 at 12:46

Just ordered agastache blue boa.  Coming on Tuesday.  It's a plant I wanted for past 12 months so well pleased.

It is available as small plugs but I'm impatient for show this year.  Anyone else hankering after a special plant?

10/05/2013 at 12:54

It looks really pretty, I love blues, mauves and lilac colours.  I grow more veggies and fruit than flowers but hope to set up a cutting flower bed on my lottie.

10/05/2013 at 13:03

Verdun I am a great hankerer for nearly any plant I dont have. Its an addiction, but not as bad for me as some of my others.

10/05/2013 at 13:05

I'd love to grow several things that are just too tender for our midland garden, but the one I would like most is Echium.  I saw these towering blue spikes when on holiday in Cornwall/Devon a few years ago and fell into instant covet!!  No way they would be happy here though, added to which it is very windy - looking out at the tulips ricking steadily out there.  

10/05/2013 at 13:46

...I can't recall growing Agastache before... there's one called 'Raspberry Summer', a bright pink that appeals to me.... and suited to poor soil and hot dry conditions... I think these are tender perennials - except in Cornwall of course, so you might keep them over winter.... I would struggle with that...

I've just planted up something that caught my eye a few weeks ago and I think is quite rare here, newly released perhaps... Eugenia 'Etna Fire'... hardy to -7 so a fleece over winter for this one.... lovely evergreen foliage... part of the Myrtle family...

email image
5 messages