Start a new thread

Just ordered agastache blue boa.  Coming on Tuesday.  It's a plant I wanted for past 12 months so well pleased.

It is available as small plugs but I'm impatient for show this year.  Anyone else hankering after a special plant?

It looks really pretty, I love blues, mauves and lilac colours.  I grow more veggies and fruit than flowers but hope to set up a cutting flower bed on my lottie.

punkdoc

Verdun I am a great hankerer for nearly any plant I dont have. Its an addiction, but not as bad for me as some of my others.

Bookertoo

I'd love to grow several things that are just too tender for our midland garden, but the one I would like most is Echium.  I saw these towering blue spikes when on holiday in Cornwall/Devon a few years ago and fell into instant covet!!  No way they would be happy here though, added to which it is very windy - looking out at the tulips ricking steadily out there.  

Salino

...I can't recall growing Agastache before... there's one called 'Raspberry Summer', a bright pink that appeals to me.... and suited to poor soil and hot dry conditions... I think these are tender perennials - except in Cornwall of course, so you might keep them over winter.... I would struggle with that...

I've just planted up something that caught my eye a few weeks ago and I think is quite rare here, newly released perhaps... Eugenia 'Etna Fire'... hardy to -7 so a fleece over winter for this one.... lovely evergreen foliage... part of the Myrtle family...