Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 26 replies

nutcutlet

Lots of acers

Aster tradescantii, tall, upright, no mildew and buzzing with bees

Rhus

Rudbeckia fulgida var deamii

Joyce21

A lovely day out nutcutlet.  Autumn colours are beautiful.

nutcutlet

It was great, perfect weather, sun (hazy at times) and so still.

Dovefromabove

I thought of you and your outing today Nut, and was very envious - glad you had a lovely day - thanks for the photos 

Gorgeous, nut, fantastic weather for your visit.  Those colours are stunning.  Dear Geoff, he looks happy to be there.

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Great day thanks Dove

He does look happy MU, 

chicky

Great colours Nut. A lovely garden - must make a detour there again sometime soon.

Hazel --

Nut, lovely pics. Is that man an Acer then???? lol!

nutcutlet

just Ace Hazel

I've never been in Spring chicky. Perhaps on the list for next year. 

Mike Allen

I bet that visit brought back some memories of the Man Himself, Nut.  photo 4, looks like a colutia, Bladder Sena.  The bark is most attractive, and the pods are interesting.  The Rhus, reminds me of what I see out of my window.  Back in the 60's I had one in my garden.  A couple of years later, it had vanished, only to be found in the next garden.  It didn't do so well there, so it appeared to move on.  Next stop, the elderl neighbour didn't like the new intruder, so she yanked it out.  Now for the past couple of years it is doing well the next garden.  It's produced so many suckers, that the garden is like a mini forest.  Now joining some Virginia Creeper on the fence, it looks as if the garden is on fire.

nutcutlet

I like rhus Mike, though I know it can be a thug. The one in the photo was one of many suckers. I tried growing it but the deer liked it as a rubbing post and it was too young to cope.

Lovely pictures nut and thanks for sharing them with us. The colours are as good as any summer flower bed, and look especially nice in the autumn sunshine.

Obelixx

Lovely colours Nut.  Sadly lacking here in my new garden but I'm working on a list......

Can it all be visited in one day?  i'd love to fit it in on a trip to see friends or rellies.

Dovefromabove

Jumping in here if you'll excuse me .... Yes it can all be seen in one day without being strenuous. Good little cafe too. 

Advertisement

nutcutlet

I can recommend the Brie and cranberry sandwiches.

Obelixx

Thanks Dove.  Just need to find somewhere to park the dogs for a day as we usually take them with us on relly trips and there are none near there.   Worth a detour I reckon or maybe a trip on my own.

Busy-Lizzie

Lovely photos, thank you Nut. I'd love to go to Barnsdale.

Dovefromabove
nutcutlet says:

I can recommend the Brie and cranberry sandwiches.

See original post

The Under-gardener's favourite - maybe I should take him with me next time I go 

nutcutlet

I want to go in spring. Maybe we should have another group trip