London (change)
Today 27°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 20°C
6 messages
01/07/2012 at 20:08

My girlfriend really loves Jasmine, but as we live in a rental property and plan on getting our own place in the future we would ideally like something which we would be able to move with us. Has anybody got any ideas on what we can do? 

01/07/2012 at 20:22

Two beautiful Jasmines that I know off are Jasmine 'clotted cream' which my sister grew in a pot, it survived all her neglect!!

I've also seen 'Star Jasmine' Trachelospermum jasminoides, looking very impressive grown in pots and climbing over arches. 

01/07/2012 at 20:39

If I were you I'd buy her a Jasminum polyanthum - you keep it in a pot and place it in a sheltered sunny spot outside for the summer, then bring it indoors to flower in the winter.  It has the most beauticul fragrance.  Then in the spring you cut it back and repot it and put it back outside in a sunny spot again.  

http://www.gardenseeker.com/jasmine_indoors.htm

01/07/2012 at 20:41

I've just planted a jasmine stephanese in spring - it's not flowered yet but it's a lovely girlie pink and not as rampant as some of the others.

02/07/2012 at 20:25

Thanks for the advice so far guys just another quick question. What sort of support will I need to provide?

03/07/2012 at 10:58

When you have decided on what variety of Jasmine you want, just ask at the garden centre, they will have lots of different supports to choose from.

email image
6 messages