Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

jersey plant direct

Hi all

has anyone on here used jersey plants direct. i did last year got some jumbo ready plants,they turned up promptly but i was disapointed at the size they were but thought they will grow fast the plants were for a shady border here is the link

http://www.jerseyplantsdirect.com/shady-border-collection-6-jumbo-ready

well they all died within three weeks contacted jersey plants and promptly got a replacement.the thing is i have now lost four of the plants again and there ment to be really easy to grow lol contacted them again today by email as they are shut as its sunday.anyone else had problems with plants from them??????

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I think I'd ask for my money back and take it to a nursery that grows it's own plants and buy from them - then you can see what you're getting. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

I think they are owned/connected with T&M.

• thankyou Dove and Welsh for your replays lets see what happens to the email sent today

• mike wmike w Posts: 43

In the first instance I must state I have no vested interest in Jersey plants Direct.Over the past 4 years I have used them and had first class service together with plants of quality.This was after being severely let down by most of their competers.Only once have I had reason to complain which was dealt with politely and efficiently. Several garners I know echo my experience with Jersey I just hope they keep up this level of service.My fear is T & M will gain a monopoly of garden products then our pockets will suffer.

Mike W

• mike w

i feel that i have just been a bit unlucky with my order. yes they were prome to replace them last year and was polite and helpfull as i asked loads of q incase i was at falut when planting my plants. i am just disaponted that they did not get thro this really mild winter this year. the one plant that you just put in the gound with some  compost that should of got thou the winter was fire and ice the rest  of my hostas huve just fired and shoots just pocking thro the ground

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

I would wait a while before thinking a Hosta hasn't survived, mine aren't through yet.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

I had problems with plants from Jerseyplantsdirect as well. The plants were very very small plugs that arrived months after I had ordered, so late that I had to overwinter in the greenhouse over winter. They sat fine all winter then last March just gave up and died - to small to have survived winter in the UK, even in a frost free GH. I contacted Jerseyplants and basically said not their problem as it was over 1 month and offered 10%  next order, so I have not ordered from them since.

• My husband has brought from Jersey Plants a few times and he has always been pleased with condition of plants received and the service,  but one thing to remember is to follow their instructions exactly when plants arrive as one time he opened them by left in containers they arrived in and they deteriorated very quickly.

Personally I like to buy locally

• update from jersey plants.they said that the plants were out of the Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

28 day guarantee for a refund I have arranged for you to receive a replacement for these plants from our next available batch, and trust this will be satisfactory.

ofcause i took them up on this and look forward to getting them soon in april.

well done jersey plants they could of just fobed me off but did not.imageimageimageimageimage