London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 16°C
16 messages
09/03/2014 at 13:22

Hi all

has anyone on here used jersey plants direct. i did last year got some jumbo ready plants,they turned up promptly but i was disapointed at the size they were but thought they will grow fast the plants were for a shady border here is the link

http://www.jerseyplantsdirect.com/shady-border-collection-6-jumbo-ready

well they all died within three weeks contacted jersey plants and promptly got a replacement.the thing is i have now lost four of the plants again and there ment to be really easy to grow lol contacted them again today by email as they are shut as its sunday.anyone else had problems with plants from them??????

09/03/2014 at 13:24

I think I'd ask for my money back and take it to a nursery that grows it's own plants and buy from them - then you can see what you're getting. 

09/03/2014 at 13:26

I think they are owned/connected with T&M.

09/03/2014 at 13:53

thankyou Dove and Welsh for your replays lets see what happens to the email sent today

09/03/2014 at 14:03

In the first instance I must state I have no vested interest in Jersey plants Direct.Over the past 4 years I have used them and had first class service together with plants of quality.This was after being severely let down by most of their competers.Only once have I had reason to complain which was dealt with politely and efficiently. Several garners I know echo my experience with Jersey I just hope they keep up this level of service.My fear is T & M will gain a monopoly of garden products then our pockets will suffer.

Mike W

09/03/2014 at 14:38

mike w

i feel that i have just been a bit unlucky with my order. yes they were prome to replace them last year and was polite and helpfull as i asked loads of q incase i was at falut when planting my plants. i am just disaponted that they did not get thro this really mild winter this year. the one plant that you just put in the gound with some  compost that should of got thou the winter was fire and ice the rest  of my hostas huve just fired and shoots just pocking thro the ground

09/03/2014 at 17:40

I would wait a while before thinking a Hosta hasn't survived, mine aren't through yet.

09/03/2014 at 18:42

Jersey plants a big no from me

For good suppliers check out the "good guys" thread.  

Hostas are shooting for me....my new acquisitions, albeit still indoors, have full leaves.  

Ive argued for a long time now that buying "bargain" packs of perennial plugs is not always a good idea.  Often you end up with varieties you don't want, yet get too many of them, in sizes that are unlikely to grow or flower this year, and you have the frustration of trying to nurture the blooming things   Far, far better to choose exactly what you want in sizes that will perform for you this season.   

09/03/2014 at 19:31

I had problems with plants from Jerseyplantsdirect as well. The plants were very very small plugs that arrived months after I had ordered, so late that I had to overwinter in the greenhouse over winter. They sat fine all winter then last March just gave up and died - to small to have survived winter in the UK, even in a frost free GH. I contacted Jerseyplants and basically said not their problem as it was over 1 month and offered 10%  next order, so I have not ordered from them since.

09/03/2014 at 19:52

My husband has brought from Jersey Plants a few times and he has always been pleased with condition of plants received and the service,  but one thing to remember is to follow their instructions exactly when plants arrive as one time he opened them by left in containers they arrived in and they deteriorated very quickly.

Personally I like to buy locally

14/03/2014 at 11:08

update from jersey plants.they said that the plants were out of the Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

28 day guarantee for a refund I have arranged for you to receive a replacement for these plants from our next available batch, and trust this will be satisfactory.

ofcause i took them up on this and look forward to getting them soon in april.

well done jersey plants they could of just fobed me off but did not.

14/03/2014 at 11:15

Mike, if they're owned by T&M and you don't want to put money in their pockets then you'd better find a different supplier. I don't shop with the big companies because I think they're a total rip off.

29/04/2014 at 23:28
Lyn
30/04/2014 at 16:20

If they were mine, I would not plant them out in the garden until next April or May, kept in pots they can develope a root system, you can keep them in over winter, up to you though, sounds like you planted them out direct last year.

They are an easy lot to grow so hopefully you will have no probs if you pamper them a bit.

19/05/2014 at 21:29

Hi,

I had used Jersey Plants  direct for several years, and were OK to good. But last year their tomato plants arrived stuffed in boxes and severely broken, clearly done by the packer and not the shipper, took ages to get a refund, they wanted me to pick alternatives even though the season was finished and they had no similar plants available. This year I ordered strawberry plants in hanging baskets over 2 months ago. Only last week they wrote to me via snail mail, not by email?? even though they have my email address as they sent the order confirmation to it.

They expected me to order something else or take a credit note!!!!, but again no alternatives were available and to post back to them my choice, not even a stamp on the pre-addressed envelope???They are a bunch of amateurs who do not understand basic consumer law. I suspect they are on the verge of going out of business and suggest that ordering from them is very risky, I will not be using them again.

19/05/2014 at 22:22

Is this the same company as Plants Direct.  I dealt with the latter for a couple of yeras, no probs.  Then I found that the plants were being delivered by some other source rather than Royal Mail.  I took delivery of several geranium plugs.  The compost was so dry.  Geraniums can usually tolerate dry conditions.  These appeared to have been stood ona radiator for some time.  I complained and yes, a replacement was soon on it's way.  Later an order arrived of impatiens.  These were so leggy etc, and most were in fact dead. Thankfully a replacement order was soon sent.  Then I ordered some jumbo size.  These also proved unacceptible.  This time no responce from my complaint.  Henseforth. No more trade.

email image
16 messages