London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 13°C
6 messages
28/09/2012 at 14:58

Yes Monty i achived growing Primula bulleyana  from the unripened seeds   .last year on Gardners world he tryed and so did I without sucess but this year I kept the seeds in the coldframe for around 8 days and then transferred them to the cold greenhouse when they poked there little heads through.

I feel pround and look forward to my next challenge..

Come on then someone give me one?

Kate

28/09/2012 at 15:12

Thallictrum. Such a gorgeous plant and apparently very difficult to propogate. I have had mine a couple of years and have noticed a baby that has strayed a little further from the main plant so I'm gonna see if I can separate it off.

28/09/2012 at 15:53

Which Thalictrum? I spend my life removing sedlings of T. of various kinds.

Heres a challenge then, Hepatica. They need growing from green seeds too.

28/09/2012 at 16:02

Hewitt's Double. My favourite plant because the leaves look like Maidenhair fern and you get lovely little flowers to boot. I haven't tried propogation, even Carol Klein said it was difficult, scared me off. I don't have a greenhouse, cold frame or nuttin' so just soil and hope for me.

28/09/2012 at 18:06

Have to find Hewitt's Double in the garden somewhere and try it. The species definitely self seed in my garden, especially T aquilegifolium.

29/09/2012 at 09:43

Trillium Seeds  next see how I get on.I have read it can takes to years to germinate them .Two cold periods and then another 3 to 5 years for them to flower.Its a challenge and will keep you informed. OK will look up the Hepatica and give it a go. I have grown Algave from seed this year and also Bananas. Thank you for your replies all..Lets get setting Kate.

email image
6 messages