London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
5 messages
24/09/2012 at 12:04

hi I would like to buy this plant but don't want yo grow it in a tub  could I dig a large hole in my small bit of garden and fill it with  acid soil would it still grow well 

many thanks 

margaret

24/09/2012 at 15:10

Hi Margaret, Just found this for you - there's some information on  here as well. It looks like a nice little shrub.   I've never heard of it to be honest. http://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/shrubs/crinodendron-hookerianum-/itemno.PL00001932/

24/09/2012 at 21:24

Hi Margaret, I have one, and live in Surrey. I  had another one outside in the ground and it died. I replaced it with the one that I have now and it has lasted for 12 years in the greenhouse. I was told that it is not frost hardy. Maybe that is why the first one died. It was slow to grow but now flowers its heart out, without fail; every year. It is beautiful and the flowers look as if they are artificial. Worth an investiment as it not demanding at all expect for the usual plant needs. Enjoy!

25/09/2012 at 20:45

If this is the same as the Chinese latern plant there's a very good offer in the latest GW magazine

26/09/2012 at 12:36

No, thats' hardy, dies down in winter and pops up again in the spring. The berries are edible. Restaurants serve them as decor on desserts partially dipped in chocolate.

email image
5 messages