6 messages
30/04/2013 at 11:06

Hello

New to gardening

I used various tips on using lawn seed...they have come up, but it all looks rather patchy...so my questions is will the lawn spread?..or should I need to use more seeds and grow in until it looks more patched and healthy?

Rgds

D

30/04/2013 at 14:37

If you put the seed down at the right rate, the lawn should grow OK.  If you apply more seed  to the patches now they may be over-seeded.

30/04/2013 at 15:01

My efforts at lawn making all looked a bit patchy on first germination but turned out OK in the end. I blamed heavy rain for washing some about but probably down to my haphazard sowing technique

30/04/2013 at 20:58

Hi Deev8,

When did you sow your seed? I re-did my lawn about 2 years back, sowing late september to early october. By January my lawn was looking reasonably well as below but I did sow my seed pretty thick. (It was pretty tricky keeping the dogs off, despite the fencing).

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/22892.jpg?width=360&height=350&mode=max

02/05/2013 at 21:10

Update: Thanks to my dog I now have a lovely 4 inch deep / 12 inch wide hole in my lawn. She was trying to hide her Kong where her sister wouldn't find it, so a bit of fast growing lawn repair seed is needed. Not a happy chappy after all that hard work....

05/05/2013 at 17:18

Hello , thanks , I only put the seed a few weeks ago, its come up, still patchy, but ive put more seed, so hopefully it will get covered

email image
6 messages