Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

New to gardening

I used various tips on using lawn seed...they have come up, but it all looks rather my questions is will the lawn spread?..or should I need to use more seeds and grow in until it looks more patched and healthy?

If you put the seed down at the right rate, the lawn should grow OK.  If you apply more seed  to the patches now they may be over-seeded.

My efforts at lawn making all looked a bit patchy on first germination but turned out OK in the end. I blamed heavy rain for washing some about but probably down to my haphazard sowing technique

Hi Deev8,

When did you sow your seed? I re-did my lawn about 2 years back, sowing late september to early october. By January my lawn was looking reasonably well as below but I did sow my seed pretty thick. (It was pretty tricky keeping the dogs off, despite the fencing).

Update: Thanks to my dog I now have a lovely 4 inch deep / 12 inch wide hole in my lawn. She was trying to hide her Kong where her sister wouldn't find it, so a bit of fast growing lawn repair seed is needed. Not a happy chappy after all that hard work....

Hello , thanks , I only put the seed a few weeks ago, its come up, still patchy, but ive put more seed, so hopefully it will get covered