London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
3 messages
21/05/2013 at 18:44

Hi all, I am currently doing up my front and back gardens from scratch, I have a few potted plants that I would love to take and grow cuttings from in order to fill some borders and rock gardens I plan on creating.

At the moment I have some nice coloured heather, a red and an orangey acer, a eucalyptus which is growing wild and is going to be removed, a lavender bush, and a contorted hazel.  If anyone can give me any advice growing cuttings for any of these plants that would be great. I am thinking mainly about where to take cuttings, use root powder? What sort of temperature and sunlight conditions? But any advice would be interesting and useful.

thanks in advance!

21/05/2013 at 20:16

Lavender is really easy to propogate...even I have managed to grow lots of plants from cuttings! Just type in How To Take Lavender Cuttings in the search bar at the top of the page you'll find a step by step guide. Good luck

21/05/2013 at 20:30

The nut bush type Hazel is easy to take cuttings , but I have never taken contorted  Hazel.

But this is how I do mine , take heel cuttings , use rooting powder and put a poly bag over.- this may though revert back to its original Hazel, as usualy happens when it has been grafted.

email image
3 messages