Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Looks like rhubarb?

Sam MillsSam Mills Posts: 6

hi all. Sorry if this is a silly question.

i bought a pack of meadow sprinkling seeds in a box last spring and I now have a rhubarb looking, quite large plant. I've tried to identify if but not really knowing much, I've had no luck.

any ideas? image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

can you supply a photo?

Devon.
  • Sam MillsSam Mills Posts: 6

I'm trying, lol. Not sure how to do it on iPad...

someone will pop along with iPad expertise.

Devon.

Never be afraid to ask "silly" questions. There's always someone who can answer them. 

We all started with no knowledge. 

Devon.

Thanks, still tryingimage

http://webkit-fake-url://89ae85b2-6596-4aa9-8d6e-4a930a9646f2/imagejpeg

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

That does not work.

However there is a plant which has big red stems and leaves, Hog weed. Not the nasty Giant hogweed one, but a fairly common native plant used once upon a time to feed pigs, hence the name.

Just had a look at some images of hogweed and it doesn't look like that. Sorry I can't get picture working. The leaves are really shiny, quite oval shaped with a thick red stem/vein up three quarters of the way. The actual stem of the plant looks like rhubarb. No other way of putting it lol. Each stem has just one leave on and there is a cluster of about ten to twelve stems.

• PoddingtonPPoddingtonP Posts: 196

Some kind of chard? 

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,995

Hollyhock or dock?  

To post via iPad, click on the 'tree' symbol above, select your file, hit 'select' and wait.  And wait.  Eventually it will show it's loaded (you'll see the thumbnail image.  Hit 'upload' then.  Sometimes it doesn't work.. usually takes me three or four tries on the iPad.  

Utah, USA.