Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Mail Order - Perennials

I'm looking for a good mail order website that I can get perennials from, I have a large border to fill and I'm at work 6 days a week so rarely get out to a garden centre. I've seen a number of sites now with rediculous prices (over ??10 for a 1 litre pot) Just need some help now as I'm sure there is someone out there that knows of a good quality and reasonably priced site. By the way I refuse to use crocus as had some bad experiences with them sorry. Please help as im getting fed up of weeding my empty border now. Thanks Guys

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

why not go for seed? Much cheaper and more variety. Ask around, you might end up getting some free.

Devon.
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

If you're prepared to grow them on a bit, then I have always been pleased with Hayloft.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

i have bought some from Hayloft, not bad at all, all my original Penstemons came from there, I dare not mention J.Parkers, people will come down on me like a ton of bricks, but when I started my huge garden I couldn't afford anything else. So Hayloft and Parkers special offers were all I bought.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Me too Lynimage. Now I have full borders I can afford to be more selective, but when I was starting it was special offers or nowtimage  5 years on and some of those special offers have become my garden stalwartsimageimage

• Thanks guys,

I'm definitely going to check mailorderperennials out, that price sounds too good to refuse a look at. I'm really big on the deliver cost as I hate it when they hide it until the last minute when your about to check out, and 48 hours that's very quick.

Thanks Lyn for Parkers and hayloft I'll have a look at them as well

Keep the suggestions coming because this is really beneficial to other people as well I'm sure
  • The passion from everyone here is certainly very positive

I've heard of paddocks before and they are definitely very reasonable prices. Other members of my family use them a lot. I've just got a large space to fill so want to guarantee a good price from a number of sites.

I may end up going to the local garden centre if I get the time as they're often cheaper, I just don't have a lot of free time at the moment
  • Thank you verdun, the garden centre certainly seems like the way forward for me now that I'm looking at it and I'll get a chance to pick and choose what I need., I'll have to find the time or book a weekend off work and get over to Dobbie's or Wyvale and see what choice they have. Then I can give the garden a good blitz and hopefully end up having something nice to look at through the summer months this year

Thank you for your help