London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
6 messages
20/01/2013 at 20:38

Four years ago we decided to try and get some mistletoe to grow in our apple tree.  Had a sprig that I had bought for xmas and so we rubbed the seeds along the bark and waited and waited.... and waited.  It wasn't until last weekend whilst out in the garden I happened to look up and spotted two small mistletoe leaves.  I was so pleased - it must take a long time to germinate I suppose.  Anyway will leave it and let it grow and see what happens. 

I normally have a bench underneath the apple tree in the summer - may have to move it now cos am gonna have to have kisses everytime I sit there LOL .

20/01/2013 at 20:45

That's wonderful. i've tried several times with no result.

20/01/2013 at 21:46

How lovely   And definitely don't move the bench 

20/01/2013 at 22:34

How exciting. I wonder how quickly it will grow. Don't you want to be kissed? Perhaps it depends by who!

21/01/2013 at 19:45

That is so  fab! I tried the same thing as you but as yet nothing!  Big kisses to you  and your companion!

21/01/2013 at 21:06

All I can say is don't give up hope, you may find that one day you will look up into your tree and it could surprise you.  I had completely forgotten about it. 

ps  thanks for the kisses - I shall be singing 'don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me'  LOL  

email image
6 messages