London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 13°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
20/03/2014 at 17:16

Philippa - i planted 3 lilys bulbs last year very dark maroon colour ( looks similar to black jewel you are looking at ) i total forget about them. By time i notice slugs had nibbled right at very bottom of the plant and ruined 2 of the plants  

But i mange to save them, put them in pot in greenhouse. now about 7 inch tall  

20/03/2014 at 19:12

Perki............you're a dark horse then.........you are maybe already growing the ones Tracey and I are after

Do please let us know how they turn out.

20/03/2014 at 20:06

I love lilium. I have few collections from asiatic,oriental and goliath lilies.I even propagated them .At first, i will write their name in each pot but they always ended mixing up together. 

21/03/2014 at 16:21

Dayang...........join the club............no matter your good intentions.......labels get lost, written over or just plain don't go in the right pots

Still, it's always nice to have a surprise when they flower

21/06/2014 at 18:54

Hi just reporting back about my maroon lilys what are starting to flower . They not as dark as black jewel 

But after a investigation today,  my other lilys muscat - stargazer - tree lilys haven't fared so well.  My muscat & stargazer were starting to rot, and the slugs have got my tree lilys .  I have potted them up in the Greenhouse and hoping for the best 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/50164.jpg?width=350

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages