Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Mothers Day present

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Where did your son get it from? I don't recognise it sorry :-\
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

Brought back from where lolimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

African marigold? 

http://www.krishisewa.com/cms/articles/production-technology/75-marigold-year-round.html  scroll down and there's a pic of an African marigold seedling. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Quoff quoff quoff image
  • DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

I think they are marigolds too. We always plant them at school as they are easy to handle, quick to germinate and flower.

• it was a nursery he went to and the seed sticks for African marigold looks like the bit still stuck to it thanks guys one last thing do i need to re-pot them anytime soon or will 3 be ok in there for a bit  

Think I'd pot them on this week so they have individual pots - start getting them used to being outside - at first just during the day and bring them in at night.  

Then when the temps have warmed up and we're not getting any more frosts (mid - end of May depending on where you are) then they can be planted out in the garden image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• son brought it home from nursery  i have had a look at the link and i too think it is an african mariogld

• nodlisabnodlisab Posts: 414

Cannabis?

Doesn't look like any hemp to me.