I bought a few hundred English bluebell bulbs which arrived a couple of weeks ago. I left them in an open cardboard box in the outhouse since then and today got them to plant them in my front garden. I did notice that the bulbs had small patches of greenish-bluish mould on them. the bulbs themselves were nice and firm and it seemed like the mould damage is only superficial.In the box there were also other bulbs such as crocus and snowdrops but they were not affected.
Is this a known problem with bluebell bulbs? Will they be ok?
I also read somewhere that snowdrop bulbs should not be left to dry. May I asl what does that mean? My snowdrop bulbs had white flesh underneath the brown membrane (a bit like an onion). Are they ok too?
Sorry about all the questions but am new to snowdrop and bluebell bulbs.