London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 16°C
6 messages
24/02/2013 at 10:11

I planted a number of bare root roses in November. One I was not sure of (colour) I have since found one that would fit in the area better (a climber)

. If I dug up and replanted the original rose somewhere else, as it is a new rose and has not put on any growth, would I still get rose replant disease if I put the more suitably coloured one in its place.?

I always use Mycorrhizal fungi when I plant reoses

24/02/2013 at 10:26

I don't think so if it's only been there since November. It's been dormant anyway. It usually applies to digging up old, dying and dead roses.

24/02/2013 at 10:30

the old book says not to put a rose bush where a diseased bush has been for awhile,and I would not for a year or so as viruses can lay dormant for awhile and I know mine when I have planted earlier have picked up the disease .

24/02/2013 at 10:37

But the rose I am digging up is new, has as yet no growth, and is definately not diseaed, just the wrong colour

24/02/2013 at 10:52

sorry ,missed read,move it just make sure you give it a good home and if the new one the right colour plant it.Hope its got a lovely perfume,love roses.

24/02/2013 at 17:45

It's fine to move that young rose, try not to disturb any tiny roots it has made, and if you did not cut it back to a bud in November, do it now.  It will be fine. 

email image
6 messages