Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

My Seedlings

Chuffed to bits a few of me seedlings have sprouted over the past few days image

Stock,livingstone Daisy & Cosmos.

Corn Marigold (have moved them as they were chasing the light in my shed)

Cornflowers.

I have more seeds to germinate yet so i will add pics if they sprout.If anyone has any tips on what i should look for with any of the above it would be welcomed image

• SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

It's the best feeling isn't it? We've been waiting three weeks for our Parsley to make an appearance, and finally today it's said hello!

• I have to admit SweetPea I have not stopped smiling all day image
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I've been growing seeds for about 40 years, ( I'm sure some on here, even longer) but I'm sure I speak for us all when I say, you never ever lose the excitement of seeing seeds you've sown,germinate.

Devon.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Well done Mikey, you are doing just fine.

I agree with Hosta, you could go to GC and pay a fiver for something they have grown, or watch your own taking shape,   no contest.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thanks Lyn I agree with you both to, apart from the plants that we're already here I am growing everything from seed at the moment so more smiles to come I hope image
  • SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

I'll admit, I have bought several plants to pot up that I didn't grow myself, I like them, but there was no person prouder than I, when I got to plant up my dahlia's and my Zinnia plants from their tiny little propagator that I'd planted, and I'd watch grow. They're little green babies... kinda!image

• SweetPea I have fell in love with dahlia's there next on my wish list image also this will be my first summer in my new gardening hobby so no doubt when I visit the garden centre this year I more than likely will not be able to help my self but buy if something catches my eye image
  • Update on my corn marigold & cornflower seedlings.

my cornflowers are flying i am well chuffed image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

You're doing well Mike, wait till you come to prick them all out, I have pricked out 420 today.  Thats only the tip of the iceberg.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lyn I can not wait image

420 oh my days must have took you ages I have sown all sorts today and filled my shed and window sills in the house I need a greenhouse next image