Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 31 replies

Carper Glith

hi guys need some help, i bought a shake and rake wild flower box to try on a small unused patch infront of my garden window, as the seeds took and grew into beautiful flowers such as ornimental poppies, borage and marigolds there were a few flowers that were a mystery, one of which was a tall skinny plant that produced rows of flowers much in the same way as a fox glove would of tiny purple iris like flowers that when died off produced a seed pod like a pea, hopefully someone will know what im talking about. Thanks

nutcutlet

guess number one

Linaria purpurea, purple toadflax

Carper Glith

i did look for that but also tried searching to see if it produced a seed pod but couldnt find anything about the seeds

nutcutlet

No, they don't have pods like peas Karl. One of the vetches maybe or a lupun relative

Advertisement

Carper Glith
Probably going to have to wait til next year to grow some more I can take a photo then
Carper Glith
I still couldn't find it using that guide but thank you anyway
Carper Glith
After looking about for plants that have seed pods it looks like the flower im looking for is a type of dwarf Delphinium
Carper Glith
I still couldn't find it using that guide but thank you anyway
Carper Glith
I think thats the one thank you very much everyone
nutcutlet

Not a UK wildflower mix.

Carper Glith

the seed box was from the pound shop so says it all really, did contain lots of very nice flowers including lots of these poppies and other flowers

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Lovely. Good bee flower there

Carper Glith

had loads of bees, had to rescue a few that were exhausted by putting a little stick with some honey on the end

nutcutlet

Did you get many honey bees, I was very short of those

Busy-Lizzie

That blue one with the bee in it is phacelia which is good for green manure which you dig into the earth. The flowers last a long time in a vase too.

Carper Glith

think there was a few honey bees