London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
7 messages
21/03/2013 at 15:59

Nigella perhaps? Easy to look after pops up in unexpected places and once you've got it you've got it forever!

21/03/2013 at 16:06

Nigella perhaps? Easy to look after pops up in unexpected places and once you've got it you've got it forever!

I have a number of plants that have been given by friends or by OH or that I have bought with present money. It is interesting but these plants seem to have special meaning, particularly stuff my father in law gave me, as he was probably the person I learned most about gardening from and he is no longer with us.

I also have great fondness for plants which I might accidently collected the seed from whilst visiting other gardens. These allways remind me of specific gardens and the holidays they were visited on.

21/03/2013 at 21:31

When the weather gets nicer I will be treating myself to a 'Rebecca' clematis, as this is my daughter's name.  I also bought some 'Anastasia' tree lily bulbs, but unfortunately they didn't do anything.  Anastasia is my middle name, they were bought over the internet, so I might start trawling the GC's later to see if I can get some that are actively growing, I think they just rotted in the pot with all the rain we had last year.  They were sound when I recieved them, not dried out or anything like that, will have to try again this year and hope for warmer, drier weather.

21/03/2013 at 21:43
I saw a rose at Buchart Gardens in Victoria called 'cariad Glynis', don't think it's available over here though.
21/03/2013 at 21:49

Goldilocks buttercup:

http://www.british-wild-flowers.co.uk/00%20John%20Somerville/Buttercup,-Goldilocks-3.jpg

21/03/2013 at 22:53

Years ago my 4 children gave me a pink clematis Montana called Elizabeth. I still have it and the children have all left home and produced 6 grandchildren between them (so far!)

22/03/2013 at 07:44

I grew foxglove 'Pam's Choice' last year. White with a purple throat. I scattered some of the seeds around from last year's plants so I hope they come true but lots of wild foxgloves around.

email image
7 messages