Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

punkdoc

Nigella perhaps? Easy to look after pops up in unexpected places and once you've got it you've got it forever!

punkdoc

Nigella perhaps? Easy to look after pops up in unexpected places and once you've got it you've got it forever!

I have a number of plants that have been given by friends or by OH or that I have bought with present money. It is interesting but these plants seem to have special meaning, particularly stuff my father in law gave me, as he was probably the person I learned most about gardening from and he is no longer with us.

I also have great fondness for plants which I might accidently collected the seed from whilst visiting other gardens. These allways remind me of specific gardens and the holidays they were visited on.

When the weather gets nicer I will be treating myself to a 'Rebecca' clematis, as this is my daughter's name.  I also bought some 'Anastasia' tree lily bulbs, but unfortunately they didn't do anything.  Anastasia is my middle name, they were bought over the internet, so I might start trawling the GC's later to see if I can get some that are actively growing, I think they just rotted in the pot with all the rain we had last year.  They were sound when I recieved them, not dried out or anything like that, will have to try again this year and hope for warmer, drier weather.

Pennine Petal
I saw a rose at Buchart Gardens in Victoria called 'cariad Glynis', don't think it's available over here though.

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

Years ago my 4 children gave me a pink clematis Montana called Elizabeth. I still have it and the children have all left home and produced 6 grandchildren between them (so far!)

Pottie Pam

I grew foxglove 'Pam's Choice' last year. White with a purple throat. I scattered some of the seeds around from last year's plants so I hope they come true but lots of wild foxgloves around.