London (change)
Today 16°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
1 to 20 of 22 messages
24/05/2014 at 15:09

Hello Gardeners World. New member here just thought I would finally sign up so that I could contribute to the site. I have been lurking in the background for a while, but now stepping forward. Was out tending to my seedlings and thought it would be nice to share with someone.  I am currently growing these in the south of France that has its own load of problems mainly being so dry all the time. Soon I hope to move back to England where I will have a much larger garden to grow in so just testing out that I still know how to grow things as its been a while. Anyways here is a quick photo of my seedlings at about 5 weeks old. No idea where I will plant them as I have a very small garden here and what there is of it is mainly paving slabs. So lots of pots EVERYWHERE!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/46800.jpg?width=284&height=350&mode=max

24/05/2014 at 15:17

Hello Nicky..............looks like you have been busy

I moved back to England 2 years ago after 10 years away (mostly France ) and it took me quite a while to get back into the gardening..........both climate wise and the sheer number of new plant varieties available.

My situation is the opposite to yours tho...........from a huge garden to a smaller one

I hope your weather is better than ours at present ( SW England ).  Pouring down here again tho it saves time on the watering

24/05/2014 at 15:18

Welcome Nick good luck with the planting

24/05/2014 at 15:50

Hi Nicky, pleased to meet you. 

Looks like you're goung to be very busy!! 

24/05/2014 at 18:51
Hello Nicky,welcome to the forum.It looks like you've got your hands full there
24/05/2014 at 19:32

Hi Nicky!  How lovely to live in France.  We always had a little fantasy about living in France, but I can't see it happening any time soon.  (We have signed up as permanent foster carers for out littlies, and living in England is a bit of must!!)  Still, you sound as if you are looking forward to coming back to England too.  So all good.  Things out there need a lot of watering don't they?  The last two years I have found myself picking up a watering can on holiday (Austria 2012, Dordogne 2013 and helping out with the pots!!)  Sign of a looney or a true gardener that I find myself work to do when on holiday, but I don't like to see a dry pot!!  We are a friendly bunch on here, jump on in and post lots xx

24/05/2014 at 19:32

Hiya Nicky.  Good to see you here   Brilliant

24/05/2014 at 19:49

Hi Nicky, welcome to the family. We are a friendly bunch and always up for a chat. Looking forward to reading your gardening tales.

24/05/2014 at 19:57
Hi Nicky, enjoy your gardening and the forum .
24/05/2014 at 20:23

Hi, Nicky, welcome to the forum

Happy growing. Where in the south are you, my brother has a house in Agde and the neighbours grow veg in their gradens...no need for a GH...toms and cues do really well outdoors...

24/05/2014 at 20:38

Hi Nicky

Welcome to the forum. Hope your move goes well. Sign of a true gardener - having pots full of seedlings even though your about to move.

24/05/2014 at 20:42

WOW thanks for the warm welcome. Zoomer I am growing in Antibes a very pretty little town. When I come back to the UK I plan on growing lots of cutting flowers in a polytunnel for the house Thats the plan anyways its a long way off yet. 

24/05/2014 at 21:25

Hello Nicky.

As you have been lurking in the background for so long.  You have obviously noticed that we forum members, are more than that.  We form a very large and happy family, always eager to help and comfort each other.  OH' yes.  There is also a wealth of gardening knowledge between us.  So Nicky, may I extend a very warm welcome to you.

25/05/2014 at 07:37

Hi Nicky and welcome 

When you come back to the UK, please could you manage to bring that wonderful climate with you from Antibes? 

Which general area in the UK are you bound for?

KEF
25/05/2014 at 08:50

Hello Nicky

25/05/2014 at 09:03

Hello Nicky. Welcome to the madhouse 

25/05/2014 at 20:36

I would love to bring the weather with me, but I fear I would also make a lot of enemies pretty fast, due to all the extra watering needed. I am looking to be within 3 hours to London. South West area I think at the moment. So much has to happen before I can move though (the joy of a slow property market here in France.) I have also been looking at the north of France but I think I would prefer to return to England. 

25/05/2014 at 20:43

You could bring us sunny days and we could have our English rain at night - that'd be ok 

25/05/2014 at 20:48

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me too.

25/05/2014 at 21:29

Hi Nicky, I also lurk in the background a lot too.  I'm sure you'll find the forum very informative and friendly.  

1 to 20 of 22 messages